Red Oak Community School is Now Hiring for Teaching and Substitute Positions for the 2017/2018 Year.
To provide a nurturing, academically rich learning environment that honors childhood, develops stewardship of the natural world, and fosters community.
Red Oak Community School will:
● Foster self-directed learning
● Provide personalized education
● Respect the unique development of each child
● Cultivate a sense of wonder through the exploration of nature
● Adapt to community needs
● Build community relationships within a global context
At Red Oak Community School we value high quality instruction and professional excellence. We know that with the right educators our students will thrive in our unique school. As an educator at Red Oak Community School you will guide students through exploration and
inquiry-based investigations and provide meaningful learning experiences that integrate math, science, social studies, language arts and fine arts through the lens of nature immersion. Your creative nature, think-outside-the-box attitude and love for the outdoors are essential for this
position. In your role as an Educator, you will meet each student where they are developmentally, emotionally and physically to develop unique educational plans, which are developed to help each student to reach their full potential. We welcome individuals skilled or experienced in art, music, foreign languages and/or Special Education.
● An experienced educator, able to develop and adapt curriculum to an outdoor classroom setting.
● Knowledgeable about environmental education practices.
● An environmental steward and have a passion for integrating environmental literacy into your work as an educator.
● Able to collaborate with a small team of teachers to develop exceptional learning experiences.
● Engaging and easily able to communicate with students, families, and peers.
● Excited to get dirty and laugh a lot while teaching outside in all types of weather.
● Eager to take initiative, solve problems and manage a variety of tasks calmly and effectively.
● Creative, patient and flexible.
● A flexible thinker who can offer exceptional education experiences while upholding ROCS’s mission and vision.
● Able to create and implement instruction in art, music, and/or language.
● Innovative and up for the challenge of continuing to build our school.
● Willingness to closely collaborate with Lead Teachers.
● Interest in Professional Development and drive to continue your own education.
● Experience teaching children 5 to 11 years old.
Job Title : Lead Teacher for Early Elementary
● Reports to: Director
● This position is Monday through Friday, full time, and salaried
● The position is slated to begin August 2017
● Red Oak Community School is an equal opportunity employer
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter and resume with contact information for three references to email@example.com (Subject: Educator Application). Our deadline to apply is March 17, 2017 . Please no paper, mailed, or hand-delivered applications.